Having the latest software version gives access to the newest features of the CAP-DEC 1 user interface and more.
The current CAP-DEC1 software version is: v184.108.40.206 build 05.12.2022. Software v2.76.3 or above is now required to be Part 11 compliant. Your CAP-DEC 1 details are shown in the top “title bar” of the unit’s on-screen user interface and will include the version number and build date in the format vX.XX.X build MM.DD.YYYY. If you need your unit to be updated to the latest version, please use the Request Update form below.
CLICK HERE to sign up for Gorman Redlich Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) update emails.
• Software 2.75.0 and below do not verify CAP message digital signatures as is now required by Part 11.56(c).
• Software v2.76.0 – v2.76.2 provides basic message digital signature verification that the message is correctly signed by the embedded certificate.
• Software v2.76.3+ both verifies that the message is correctly signed by the embedded certificate as well as checking certificate validity.
• The previous Federal Bridge CA 2016 certificate has expired. To ensure continued full validation of digital signatures, users with software v2.76.3+ should install the new Federal Bridge CA G2 certificate.
• Upgrades from software v2.75.0 and below to v2.76.0+ require a $250 upgrade fee which includes new software, certificate update, and remote installation by a Gorman-Redlich technician.
• Users with W10 and up-to-date W7 systems will continue to receive alerts after the IPAWS switch to TLS1.2-only on the alert feeds. W7 systems that have not been kept up to date may need to have manual updates applied.
If payment is required:
To pay online with CC/Debit: complete payment with “Pay Now” button, fill out form below, include last 4 of card in “other Info”
CAP Software 2021 :: $250.00
To pay by check: fill out form below, include check number in “other info” and mail to:
Gorman-Redlich Mfg. Co
CAP Software Update
257 W Union St
Athens, OH 45701
To pay by phone: Fill out form below, include telephone number in “other info”, and call (740)593-3150
Do not include personal information (such as credit card information) in this form other than last-4 digits for online payments.