Having the latest software version gives access to the newest features of the CAP-DEC 1 user interface and more.
CLICK HERE to sign up for Gorman Redlich Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) update emails.
The current CAP-DEC1 software version is: v2.76.3 build 10.31.2019. Your CAP-DEC 1 version number is shown in the top “title bar” of the unit’s on-screen user interface. If you need your unit to be updated to the latest version, please use the Request Update form below.
• Software 2.75.0 and below do not verify CAP message digital signatures as is now required by Part 11.56(c).
• Software v2.76.0 – v2.76.2 provides basic message digital signature verification that the message is correctly signed by the embedded certificate.
• Software v2.76.3+ both verifies that the message is correctly signed by the embedded certificate as well as checking certificate validity.
• The previous Federal Bridge CA 2016 certificate expires on 11.8.2019. To ensure continued full validation of digital signatures, users with software v2.76.3+ should install the new Federal Bridge CA 2016 certificate expiring 10.28.2020.
• Upgrades from software v2.75.0 and below to v2.76.0+ require a $180 upgrade fee which includes new software, certificate update, and remote installation by a Gorman-Redlich technician.
• Users with W10 and up-to-date W7 systems should continue to successfully receive alerts once IPAWS begins using TLS1.2-only on the alert feeds.
If payment is required:
To pay online with CC/Debit: complete payment here, fill out form below, include last 4 of card in “other Info”
To pay by check: fill out form below, include check number in “other info” and mail to:
Gorman-Redlich Mfg. Co
CAP Software Update
257 W Union St
Athens, OH 45701
To pay by phone: Fill out form below, include telephone number in “other info”, and call (740)593-3150
Do not include personal information (such as credit card information) in this form other than last-4 digits for online payments.